Homoeopathy is a pharmaceutical science based on laws of nature. The system uses various plants, minerals and organic matter in very small doses to stimulate the sick person's natural defenses. Homoeopathy is coined from the Greek word "Homoios" meaning 'similar' and "pathos" meaning 'disease' or 'suffering'. It is based on the principle of Similia Similibus Curentur which means "Let like be treated by likes" Homoeopathic medicines do not suppress, but strengthens the immune system and is aimed at removing or eradicating the disease from its roots. As maladies are increasing so are medication, but alternative medicine is now taking a leap forward due to its efficacy and safety in long term use. Homoeopathy is currently growing fast due to its efficacy & affordability and because of “No Side effects” . Homoeopathy is a unique system of medicine based on natural principles.
Benefits of Homoeopathic treatment are as under:-
- The correct homoeopathic medicine Initiates healing tendency of the body very gently. Thus, treats the person by building his immunity.
- Homoeopathy cures the sick person and not just the disease. It cures diseases from its roots. So many chronic diseases that are seen running in families can be treated by Homoeopathy.
- Homoeopathic treatment aims at stimulating the body's own defensive system, thereby enhancing the body's resistance to fight diseases.
- Homoeopathy is the safest mode of treatment for children.
- It is equally effective in treatment of acute as well as chronic diseases.
- It can be safely given to pregnant & lactating women.
- The popularity of Homoeopathy is due to its simplicity in administering, and no known side effects.
- These medicines are inexpensive and are very much affordable.
- In many cases surgery may be avoided if treated with homoeopathy.
- Homoeopathy can also be given along with allopathic medication with no interactions.
- Homoeopathic medicine is non-invasive method of treatment.
- The treatment relies on the patient's symptoms and not on expensive diagnostic tests.
- Homoeopathic remedies are readily available.
- Homoeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time.